Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Cats are all home!

I found the 3rd cat a few minutes after posting. I was sitting in the computer room and thought I kept hearing a box just barely move. I knew that all of that had been tossed, ever so gently, all over the room by "The assholes" (formerly known as robbers), so deep down I knew it wasn't the cat, but had to look anyway.

Of course he wasn't there, but as soon as I sat back down, I saw his glorious little black nose peaking out of the closet. So thankfully, even though our side door was wide open from 12pm until 4:45pm, all 3 stayed in the house! (and OK, neighbor, how the hell do you not notice THAT?!?!?)

We were able to narrow the time of the crime to 11-12pm. One neighbor saw the car on the street with a guy walking the street at 11am, and is PISSED that he didn't call the cops (he always does - we live on a dead end, so we ALL known when a car belongs here or not), and the OTHER neighbor saw it in our driveway probably between 11:30 and 12pm. No license plate numbers, just a red/maroon Olds sedan with front fender damage. SO the cops have that.

julia - I'm right up the street from the library in your town(I think you're in the same town as Deb), on one of the side streets by the river.

5 comments:

Major Bedhead said...

I'm in the same town as Deb. I'm down the hill a bit from Mt. Holyoke College.

I'm going to have to make sure I lock all the doors and leave the dog in the house whenever I leave now. This is the second break-in I've heard of in town this week, and I don't really know anyone in town.

I'm glad the cats are all ok. I hope the cops find the people who did it. Did they think it was likely?

art-sweet said...

I'm so so glad your kitty is found!

Will you post a picture of his cute self sometime?

Scott K. Johnson said...

Very glad to see the cat was there and Ok.

How are you guys holding up?

floreksa said...

We're doing ok. I'm surprised that I still actually feel safe in my house. I always thought that if someone broke in I'd never feel safe again....But I do. I'm pissed, ya, that someone came into my house and just took our stuff, but not scared.

We're in the process of finding all the receipts for things or manuals/boxes to show that we owned it. We had our movies in a cd binder, so we have all the cases still (thank god we're pack rats)....DH went through 1 tupperware container of them and its already added up to $3k in replacement costs.

Kerri. said...

I'm so glad you've found the missing kitty.

And you guys are in my thoughts while you sort through this chaos. I hope you are all doing okay.