Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Why you shouldn't see Cloverfield



Bleh. The entire movie is filmed in the First Person perspective. An apparently, drunk, epileptic person using a non-stabilizing home video camera. The WHOLE movie. Imagine filming yourself running during an earthquake for an hour and a half and then watching it.

I tried my hardest to watch the movie. I wanted to like it. I wanted to search for those little hidden tidbits that JJ Abrams made Lost famous for. I made it about 1/3 of the way in before throwing in the towel. I kept waiting for it to magically shift to a steady cam "movie". It never did. I had to close my eyes or vomit. I closed my eyes and listened to the rest, wishing for the theater to stop spinning.

I hope the rest of the people in the theater appreciated my sacrifice, because I'm pissed that I paid money to get sick and miss an entire movie.

2 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

Oh mercy. I just saw it today. Had no intention to but needed to kill some time before meeting a friend.
I felt very ungrounded when I came out - as you say, like the theater was spinning. It was really goofy.
As the closing credits were showing, a man in the back stood up and shouted out, "this was the stupidest movie I've ever seen" and some people applauded him.

Nope. I would not recomment it either.

George said...

I loved it! Of course I am used to spinning and flipping through the air with all the ninja moves I have to do.

I did love it. I am sorry you didn't. :(