Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Symlin - Take One

So I had an endo appt today and we've decided that I'm going to add Symlin. I was a little concerned. I mean, really, it seems like a giant step backwards in D care...I have to use NEEDLES again. Shots and a pump? What madness is this?

Can I just say that I AM LOVING SYMLIN!

Granted, I've only talken 1 dose, but that dose was with PIZZA!! I was a little afraid when I dialed in my bolus and the screen said "Deliver 7.0 units?"....Um, ok, but that's SOOOOOOO not gonna cover this pizza (remember I've got serious IR problems!)...

Pre-Supper - 76
1 hr Post Supper - 96
2 hrs post Supper 126

HOLY SHIT THIS STUFF ROCKS!!!

Oh, ya, and I was FULL on 3 slices. Should've only had 2, but my brain was just like "no way, 2 slices of pizza, is just not enough".

5 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Wow! Impressive!

I'll probably try it sometime - I just really resist the idea of using shots again after pumping for so long...

floreksa said...

Its amazing!!! Breakfast today:
Pre-156 (gotta work on the basals)
1 hr post - 67
2 hr post - 152 (but I had 1/2 a bagel and didn't bolus anything for it!).

And knock on wood, I haven't had any of the stomach issues with it.

The shots thing is definitely a little weird, but if the readings keep up like this, its definitely worth it! (although I'm terrified that this is all a big hoax and my body's having fun f$%king with my hope).

Allison said...

The shots are definitely tough... I kind of pick and choose when I use it. I never take it more than twice a day, no matter how many times I eat more than 30. If I did that, I would go insane. But it *is* glorious to test yourself an hour after eating and have only moved 1 point. It's sheer joy.

Johnboy said...

Glad it's working for you. I hope you continue to have good experiences. :)

Christine said...

I've never tried it since I don't really have a problem with post meal spikes (thank you gastroparesis) but it sounds like most people that do use it are impressed.