Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Friday, January 27, 2006

What I Learned Last Night....

Last night DD had her 1st honest to goodness stomach bug, complete with puking every 10-20minutes. It was horrible, it was messy and I was pretty sure my heart was going to break watching her like that.

Here's what I learned though.....I guess I am a REAL Mommy! I never thought that I could hold someone while they puked, clean them up, clean the mess up, hold them and hug them, without getting sick myself. Or at the very least resent them for making me clean it all up...Not so with DD. My heart broke each time I felt her little stomach tighten. I didn't give a second thought to holding her, cleaning her and the mess. I prayed each time that that would be the last...Not because I didn't want to deal with it again, but because I didn't want HER to go through that again. She was so frightened each time it happened...

0 comments: