Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Monday, October 01, 2007

One month shy of 3

...and I'm already ready to run screaming from the house never to return.

Who is this person and what have they done with my daughter? I don't know if I'm gonna survive 3. If this is three, can I just skip over to 4?

I've been home for 1 hour. One.Hour. She's spent over 1/2 of that in her crib. I don't want to use her crib as a place of punishment, but what does one do when your child flees the corner and locks herself in the bathroom? Oh, how she's gotten good at locking doors.

I set a timer for 3 minutes. Go in and ask if she's ready to listen. Her response "NO! YOU LISTEN" So I leave. She screams.

3 more minutes "Are you ready to listen?" "NO"

3 more minutes....and on and on and on we've gone. She made it out of her crib once, at around the 20 minute mark. Apparently her sole burning desire was to get out of the crib and throw her sippy cup at me.

Heaven help me.

Of course now, now when I'm full of rage, trying to calm my every last nerve, she's sitting next to me (freed by her father), holding her blankie, and giving me kisses.

sigh....

5 comments:

Major Bedhead said...

Oh yeah. Right there with you. Boo is a shrieking, hitting, screaming pain in my butt right now. It sucks.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I've got TWO three year olds.

*sigh*

BOSSY said...

Three is bad. From what Bossy hears, 43 is worse.

Heidi said...

I feel your pain! Maybe we can put Gabe and Ally together in a room and they can live out this next year together. I hear Kid Nation is doing pretty well. Maybe we'll start a new trend - toddler nation.

Bernard said...

My minor suggestion is to give her a timeout where it's less enjoyable. Maybe in a high chair where she has nothing to occupy her?

By the time she hits five this will probably all be a dim memory. Eclipsed by the 'joy' to come!!