Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Trick or Treat, Throw it away

When I was little, I had a favorite song. At first it was Wicked Dots. "Wicked Dots, Wicked Dots, Wicked Dots all over the ceiling".

I realized on my own that wasn't correct. Silly me. It was, of course, Wicked Ants.

Hey, I'm from MA, everyone says "Wicked", right?

I can not adequately describe the anger I felt when my father explained it was not Wicked Dots, nor was it Wicked Ants, but in fact it was "We Can Dance".
A la Men Without Hats, "The Safety Dance".

Now, my daughter, she has much better taste in music. Granted, she goes for the odd Elmo CD or 2 or 1,000. Given a choice though, right now she chooses "her" song, Trick or Treat, Throw it away

Amazing taste. It is currently one of my favorites.

Although, my lyrics are somewhat different.

I bleed it out,
Digging deeper just to throw it away.
I bleed it out,
Digging deeper just to throw it away.
I bleed it out,
Digging deeper just to throw it away,
Just to throw it away,
Just to throw it away.

-----Linkin Park "Bleed it Out"

I'll never tell her, though. Never correct her. We will forever sing the song together.

"Trick or Treating, I throw it away,
I give it out,
Trick or Treating, I throw it away...."

3 comments:

Zazzy said...

Well, it wasn't a song - but I was in college before it dawned on me that people weren't saying "Up and Adam" (who the heck is Adam, anyway?).

OhTheJoys said...

I love the crazy misheard lyrics!

eu said...

Hi Floreska,

I work at dLife and I was wondering if you would like to be on our diabetes blogger email list? Once a week we send out an interesting video clip about diabetes. If you'd like to be added, send me an email at urbahn at dlife.com

Thanks!