Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Thursday, August 24, 2006

MIA and WTF?

Ok, so I kindof fell off the face of the earth after last week's pre-Endo visit post.  Sorry about that.  Everything went swimmingly, I'm right on track with where I want to be and I left smiling (which I always do when I meet with her!).  As for why I went MIA.  No idea.  Haven't been very chatty-kathy lately.

For the WTF? - I love reading all the D-bloggers out that, but I've been noticing, there's an inordinately LARGE number of D bloggers within the NorthEast and more specifically right around the MA/CT/RI area.  Is D more prevalent here?  Are we just a more vocal, techie group?

Has anyone else noticed this? (and not sure what my profile says, but that area includes me).  I remember mentioning once to my Endo that I when I was dx'd I found out that there were 5 other kids with D at my high school (1 being a pretty good friend) and 1 more was dx'd a few weeks after me.  That's 7 kids out of probably 800.  Is it just me, or is that astronomically high?

3 comments:

Johnboy said...

I'm not in the Northeast, but I certainly have noticed it for sure!

Kevin said...

The WTF got me curious. This is the best I found: www.ispad.org/doc/Garda97.doc.

It's not great, and doesn't exactly answer your question, but it's interesting none-the-less.

Major Bedhead said...

O's in a school with 600+ students and there are only 2 with diabetes there. When we were in Worcester, she was the only one in a school of 650.

I can't say I ever noticed a concentration of PWD in the NE, but then, I haven't been paying much attention. I do notice that there seems to be more and more kids getting diagnosed, but that could also be because I'm attuned to it now, whereas before O's dx, I wouldn't have noticed at all.