Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oh, The Insanity

So we're looking to move. We must be insane. I've found, in the 1 WHOLE week we've been looking, that I'm not cut out for this.

I've given up 3 times already. I've cried twice. This isn't going to be a rosy point in my history. Houses are just ridiculously expensive. Everything we've seen so far is honestly crappier and smaller then what we have now, but priced close to $100,000 more and there in lies a problem. Why spend more, when we are getting significantly less?

The dilemma, we have no room. We are busting at the seams. And oh, ya there was that little break-in issue last fall. I still strain to see our side door every time I pull onto our street. We need want to move Ally into a nicer area. Maybe even one that has some kids her age. An area where we are serenaded by crickets and toads, fireflies and starlight, not police sirens and traffic lights.

Our My problem. I want the house hunting and moving to be over YESTERDAY. I have no patience. I hate the thought of house hunting, bargaining, making offers and waiting to see if they're accepted.

Its going to be a loooooooooong spring and summer.

2 comments:

Zazzy said...

I felt roughly the same way about car shopping. Car shopping would be fun if you had all the money you need to buy anything you want. I have to imagine house shopping would be even worse.

Good luck to you! You never know when you will trip over the perfect home priced as a bargain.

Anna said...

There's a house for sale down the road from me. I don't know how much you're wanting to spend, but there seems to be a few houses in S.H. that are below $200K