Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Monday, December 12, 2005

Being sick sucks

Ok, so I suck at updating this, but I have my reasons!! Mainly an incredibly sick child who hurled every last virus at her momma!! Last Thursday I was praying for that bright light to take me away! I hurt in places I wasn't sure I could hurt. My fingers hurt, my back hurt, my toes hurt, my head hurt....you get the point.

Poor little Ally hasn't faired much better. We've had a cold, a stomach bug, and now the mother of all illnesses, THE FLU...dum, dum, dummmmmm. We ended up at Urgent Care yesterday morning and then at the hospital to have some bloodwork done...Thankfully nothing is wrong, other then her being plain sick, but holding your child through another blood-draw was not what I had on my agenda for a relaxing Sunday (the two things on that agenda was breakfast out and getting the Christmas tree - all assuming Ally was feeling better).

On the way home from the Hospital, I very causally mentioned that maybe we should just forget about a tree this year. DH, apparently, valiently fought off losing control of the car and having a heart attack. Poor DH still hasn't had the Christmas Tree shopping experience he's always wanted. Poor guy is delusional that one day we will all go out drinking hot cocoa, singing Christmas carols while we snowshoe into a beautiful snowy meadow to cut down that perfect tree.....Instead, he brought us home, left the 2 of us on the couch while he trudged to Home Depot, fought the crowd and bought the first tree that wouldn't give Charlie Brown's a run for its money......Ahhh, the holiday memories to cherish at Home Depot.

What I've learned about illnesses with a 1 year old......

1) Noggin is god's gift to parents. It didn't matter how hard she was crying if I put Noggin on, all would be right with the world (her's not mine....I, personally, want Franklin to die and have serious doubts about the intelligence level of Dora since she never seems to see that sneaky Swipper and couldn't find the 3 bunches of bananas hanging right over her head without our help.)
2) Oatmeal looks the same coming out as going in.
3) Jack's Big Music Show ROCKS!!!!
4) My DD loves seltzer water. Why, you ask, would I give her selzter water (soda water)? I didn't, my mom did and I still haven't gotten the whole story as to why, but at that point all I cared was that she had actually drank something.
5) No one can explain the difference between a warm mist and cool mist vaporizer.

0 comments: