Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Health Insurance SUCKS! But what's the alternative?

ARGH!!! Why can't insurance companies get on the damn boat and realize that living with diabetes is annoying enough. They really don't need to add extra crap! DH just got a new job FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANY and now I guess I'm going to have to change all of my meters. My freakin pump comes with a built in meter that takes ALL the work out of correcting my blood sugar. You'd think that the isurance company would love this, right? NOOoooooooOOOOOOOoo. I can't use the strips that that meter takes (well I can, but I will have to spend approx the GNP of a small Latin American Country on copays for them).....ARGH!!

To top it off, I'd bet good money that the only test strips that are on the "cheap" prescription list (if $50 can be called "cheap")will be the basic ones and so help me, I am NOT going back to the basic "it needs more blood then the Red Cross takes during a donation" model....Nope sorry, looks like I'm gonna have to figure out that GNP and which country it is, cause I'm gonna be forking over big time!!

0 comments: