Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

2 days left of 20's

I'm turning 30. How the hell did that happen? I distinctly remember turning 18 and then turning 25, but 26, 27, 28 and 29...Where did those years go? Does 30 mean that I have to actually be an adult now, because I'm not ready to grow up. I'm still not sure what I want to be.

In all honesty, I haven't given 30 much thought. Somehow it really doesn't seem to be the big deal that some people make it out to be. I mean really, will I be all that different Friday morning, then I was Thursday night?

I'm pretty sure that we are going out to my favorite restaurant Friday night to celebrate...Zoe's Fish and Chop House...YUMMY. I've already planned my menu. Some Main crab cakes and coconut battered shrimp for starters, surf and turf (filet mignon and stuffed shrimp), salad bar and baked potato and then Chocolate Lovin Spoon Cake. drooling already. Insulin will be bolused like its going out of style, but I.Don't.Care.

Is it Friday yet?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am 33 now and still feel like i am "playing house." I don't think you have to grow up, just grow old. So, wait until you are ready. I am sure it will be in my 40's before I decide to grow up. We shall see.

oh and Happy Early Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I am 33 now and still feel like i am "playing house." I don't think you have to grow up, just grow old. So, wait until you are ready. I am sure it will be in my 40's before I decide to grow up. We shall see.

oh and Happy Early Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I'm 28, but I think I am looking forward to finally reaching thirty. Nothing else has taken me thirty years to achieve! Anyhow, happy birthday! (early)

Scott K. Johnson said...

You're as young as you feel is what I say.

But you see that when you get "old" like George, you start repeating yourself...

(Uh, my apologies to all those older than G-Money. I really just could not resist the opportunity he presented me...).