Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Symlin - Take One

So I had an endo appt today and we've decided that I'm going to add Symlin. I was a little concerned. I mean, really, it seems like a giant step backwards in D care...I have to use NEEDLES again. Shots and a pump? What madness is this?

Can I just say that I AM LOVING SYMLIN!

Granted, I've only talken 1 dose, but that dose was with PIZZA!! I was a little afraid when I dialed in my bolus and the screen said "Deliver 7.0 units?"....Um, ok, but that's SOOOOOOO not gonna cover this pizza (remember I've got serious IR problems!)...

Pre-Supper - 76
1 hr Post Supper - 96
2 hrs post Supper 126

HOLY SHIT THIS STUFF ROCKS!!!

Oh, ya, and I was FULL on 3 slices. Should've only had 2, but my brain was just like "no way, 2 slices of pizza, is just not enough".

7 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Wow! Impressive!

I'll probably try it sometime - I just really resist the idea of using shots again after pumping for so long...

Sarah said...

Its amazing!!! Breakfast today:
Pre-156 (gotta work on the basals)
1 hr post - 67
2 hr post - 152 (but I had 1/2 a bagel and didn't bolus anything for it!).

And knock on wood, I haven't had any of the stomach issues with it.

The shots thing is definitely a little weird, but if the readings keep up like this, its definitely worth it! (although I'm terrified that this is all a big hoax and my body's having fun f$%king with my hope).

Allison said...

The shots are definitely tough... I kind of pick and choose when I use it. I never take it more than twice a day, no matter how many times I eat more than 30. If I did that, I would go insane. But it *is* glorious to test yourself an hour after eating and have only moved 1 point. It's sheer joy.

Johnboy said...

Glad it's working for you. I hope you continue to have good experiences. :)

Megan said...

I've never tried it since I don't really have a problem with post meal spikes (thank you gastroparesis) but it sounds like most people that do use it are impressed.

cHoCoMiLkRoCkS said...

we don't have that symlin in the uk, well we might but i don't know of any one on it. if i suggest it to my doc he'll say no. anyways, so far so long as i stick to low GI food it seems to be ok post food.

hope it's all ok for ya.

dm1 said...

Hey there,

I have been on Symlin for over a year now, and I can't say enough about it. It has completely changed my life. My sugars have never been better (6.2 a1c) and I've lost 30 lbs. No longer using the pump (it was great, but I love not being attached). I know a ton about this drug and type 1, as I've been in studies at DRI in Miami, FL since 9 years old. Happy to help if anyone has questions.

Take care,

dm1