Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Combination, Extended, Regular - OH MY!

Grrr...

I'm still trying to get a hang of bolusing with Symlin. I can't do a regular bolus, or I crash and burn minutes after eating. So right now, I'm experimenting with combo/extended boluses. This morning I thought I had it figured beautifully. Had a D&D bagel with cream cheese. Bolused for 80 grams, 45% upfront, rest spread over 2:15minutes.

Ate at 8am - bg 116
2 hours late - bg 89 (SWEET)
2 hours after that (pre-lunch) - bg 192 - WHAT THE F!!!! Nothing to eat, only had black coffe to drink - iced medium, which took me the entire 4 hours to drink.

And one stupid little test has sent my mood into the shitter. I hate this! There's no reason for 192...None! Site's new, insulin is fresh...Only thing I can think of is I went lower (without symptoms) and am now paying for my perfectly healthy, overly compensating liver dump of glucose.

Grrr.....

Soooo, now what? Do I assume that I'm acutally getting the combo bolus somewhat figured out with the Symlin, that the 192 is a fluke (I've experienced similar highs 4 hours post meal after Symlin). Do I extend the rest even further?

For lunch, I skipped the combo, went straight for an extended over 4 hours. We'll see.

Oh, and for you Cozmo users - Is there a way in the history to see the details of a Combo/Extended bolus. I see in the history my bolus, but not the % now/later/time.

1 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Hi Sarah,

Sounds frustrating! Keep at it though - you will figure it out!

I believe that the details on the boluses are available in the "Complete Event History" - but be careful, the is TONS of information in there and it's easy to get overwhelmed. The down arrow on the pump will take you back on an event by event basis.

This info may also be in the "Bolus History", which is basically the same as the complete, but all non-bolus related messages are filtered out.

Hope this helps!