Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Prayers and Positive Thoughts Requested

My grandfather had triple by-pass surgery done about a week ago. I didn't write about it, but at the time it was a shock. He had gone to the hospital with chest pains. The smaller hospital here decided that he needed angioplasty and sent him to the larger hospital. Turns out it was much, MUCH worse and he actually needed quadruple bypass.

During the surgery, it was decided that because of his age and the increased chance of stroke, they only bypassed 3.

He had been doing AMAZINGLY well. So much so he was transferred out of Cardiac ICU days before schedule, and was actually transferred back to the smaller hospital earlier this week for some rehab before being sent home.

We've just gotten a call that he is being rushed back to the larger hospital. That he may have pneumonia and that "something may have come loose". I know so little right now that I'm going crazy and trying not to cry at my desk is requiring me to hold my breath.

Please pray for my grandfather.

8 comments:

Nina said...

Your grandfather is definitely in my prayers, as are you and your whole family.

Kerri. said...

You and your family are in my thoughts.

Not Your Type 1 said...

Take care. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

George said...

I am and will be praying.

Zazzy said...

Positive thoughts, healing vibes, well wishes and hope go out to your grandfather and you.

Chrissie in Belgium said...

Gosh I am REALLy hopin all goes OK. Best wishes to your whole family in this tough time!

Scott K. Johnson said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Major Bedhead said...

Healthy thoughts, S. I hope everything's ok. I'll be thinking of you.