Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Why Today?

Today started off fine. Heck I didn't even mind coming into to work. Get here and WOW do I have to pee. Hmm, that's weird I can normally go pretty much all day without visiting the ladies room. 1 hour later for a return trip.

Something's up. I can't be high though. No cotton mouth, no sweater-y teeth, no brain fog. I feel just fine.

442 - HoOOOoooo-ly SHIT!

Take a massive rage bolus injection. 1 site could not handle what I just separated into 3 jabs.

Well that was uncalled for. Trip back to the ladies room to look at site. Site that is now almost 100% out AND bleeding like a sieve. Lovely.

Back to desk, retrieve last Comfort set from desk and begin the non-unto awkward task of putting in a site at work, a Comfort no less, with its big scary needle that I'm suppose to somehow just poke into me, like its nothing. Have you seen the size of that needle? Really, have you?!?! And its not like you can just not look and jab away because it has to go in at a 45 degree angle and seriously how do you judge 45 degrees when you're looking down and using your thigh?

What happens? You ask...The sticky part in the back is almost 100% stuck to itself, so the only thing holding it down at the moment is the front part and a wee little corner in the back.

I'm not...I'm not....I'm not...Crap, don't you just hate it when your grasp of the English language suddenly flies out the door. Seriously, I can't think of the word I want. I'm not optimistic(YAY!) that its gonna hold.

Ok, I guess I do have a bit of brain fog, and ya, teeth are pulling on a sweater as we speak. Would also explain the nice dry cough I've got going on suddenly.

Off to down one of the 5 gallon water jugs.

5 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Oh man, that sucks. And YES - those needles are terrifying. Big kudos for doing what you had to do.

When I get high like that, I just wnat to lay down and sleep it away.

I wish the insulin we use didn't take so long to bring those down.

Sarah said...

Ick, I hate that. I hate when I have a site on a thigh and I inadvertently pull the site out. It always happens when I have no extra sites at work, too….Good luck with that site!

Bernard said...

That's awful, and I hate how long it takes to get the numbers closer to normal.

Recently I've been trying this Super bolus technique from John Walsh and it's worked well the two times I've tried it. You need to read it through a few times, but it's a handy tip.

art-sweet said...

I hate it when that happens!

I just got some IV3000 because of a thigh site gone awry. No more untaped thigh sites for me!

Chrissie in Belgium said...

I HATE it when the dam needles fall out. Why can't these little gadgets FUNCTION properly! Hope you are feeling better!