Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Monday, April 10, 2006

I wish I took a picture

So we got a backpack carrier for "She Who Cries A Lot" (SWCAL) this weekend. Its pretty nice, actually fits my "round" body, and seems quite comfy. Oh, did I mention, it was FREE!! (freecycle.org ROCKS!!).

Ok, here comes the part where I should've taken a pic. We put A in it, she's screaming the entire time. DH figures out how to get it up onto his back, and starts walking around the kitchen. The entire time, A has the most pathetic looking face on and is whimpering "Up, up, up, up, up, up, up", ("up" is used for both up and down), while she clutches her "bankies". (yes, I'm telling I took delight in my child's misery, honestly what else is a parent to do?). I asked her if she was having fun, and got a quiet, quivering "yez". We took her out after that...

Hmmm, what do you think? 10 minutes, 3 times a day, should get her used to it?

We got it so that we could start Geo-caching again. If you don't know what geo-caching is, YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!! Its great!!! Basically people place small "caches" in the woods, post the coordinates to it and you use your GPS to find it. The cache itself is nothing much (think McDonald's toys), but its usually placed along a nice hike, or at an amazing view. We'd like to take SWCAL with us, hence the carrier. Wish us luck next Saturday!

4 comments:

Kassie said...

geo-caching sounds fun! I sat next to a couple on a plane once who were heading home from a letterboxing weekend. The stamps they'd collected were amazing!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Ahhh, aren't kids the best entertainment around? I sometimes feel a bit wrong about getting a giggle out of one of my kids current cisis (aren't every kids small problems a CRISIS? "DAD!!!!! WHERE'S MY TOY CAR?!?!?!?!?!! SOMEONE STOLE IT!!!!!!! WHADAMIGONNADO????" hehe!)

Geocaching sounds like a lot of fun - but I've never tried it. I've got a GPS for my pocket pc, that I use for driving directions, and have taken it out kayaking and stuff, but never geocaching. I'll look into it and maybe give it a try this summer.

floreksa said...

Geo-caching

Site where you can look for cache's in your area.

Major Bedhead said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who laughs when my kid is having a meltdown. Isobel (a month younger than SWCAL) cracks me up - the lip quivers, the eyes fill, the mouth opens and Waaaaaaaaaaah! And what do I do? I giggle at her. Ah, I'm going to hell anyway, might as well make it worthwhile.


Geocaching does sound kind of fun. I may have to look into that.