Flickr

floreksa. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Google

Thursday, April 06, 2006

So what does this mean?

Seeing as how I get an inside scoop on the Healthcare biz, I've had my DH ask around about this new MA Universal Healthcare Plan. Where I was freaking out yesterday, I'm getting mildly less concerned today.

Apparently, according to this Boston Globe article these "universal" plans still cannot bypass the madatory coverages for infertility (and assuming if they have to cover infert, that they'd have to cover diabetes).

What I would give to spend some time with that bill (but I don't think my employer would be too happy with me doing that here ;) ). Not that it would help entirely, since the government still hasn't even seen an actual plan offering from the major insurers.

If they can't charge deductibles, then what in the heck are these plans going to look like? $100 copays for office visits? If that's the case, what's the point of having any insurance if you still can't afford to use it.

0 comments: